Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Learning Sanskrit - Part 3 - Sentences using I and We

 
The sanskrit word for 'I' is 'aham'
 
Sentences using I (aham in sanskrit)
The verb is in present tense
 
aham pathami: I am reading.
 
aham kreedami: I am playing.
 
aham suryam pasyami: I am seeing the sun.
 
26.12.2008
 
The sanskrit word for 'we' is 'vayam'
 
Sentences using we (vayam  in sanskrit)
The verb is in present tense
 
vayam vadaamah: We are speaking
 
vayam dhavaamah: We are running
 
vayam aagachamah: We are coming
 
vayam likhamah: We are writing
 
vayam tishtamah: We are sitting
 
 
22-12.2008
 
Visit this page to read more sentences using using 'my' (mama in sanskrit)
"my" is a word denoting possessive case. It is called as sixth case in sanskrit grammar.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment